The Swedish Institute Summer Academy for Young Professionals is open to everyone interested in building networks and increasing knowledge of transparent, efficient and resilient public administration.
The Swedish Institute is pleased to welcome applications from policymakers, public servants and civil society workers in Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Lithuania, Moldova, Sweden and Ukraine. In 2016, SAYP will focus on Sustainable Public Management and be hosted by Malmö University 13- 24 June. 35 participants will during the two-week thematic module exchange ideas and experiences, and discuss challenges facing young professionals.
The SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) is a training programme developed to build awareness, capacity and resilience in the practice of governance in the countries in the Baltic Sea region and the EU Eastern Partnership. At the same time the focus of SAYP is to strengthen young professionals and their individual capabilities to meet the requirement of a modern governance structure.
Participation in the training session is free of charge and includes food, accommodation and travel expenses to Sweden. The programme also includes possibilities to participate in follow-ups and thematic workshops afterwards, as fellows of the Swedish Institute Alumni Network – a vast professional and global contact network meant to keep building good practices and mutual learning processes for a sustainable future.
The programme is targeted primarily at young professionals (up to 35 years old) already employed in the state structures, working with development of policy and measures to create a more transparent, resilient and efficient public administration. Applicants may preferably work within financial management/control and audit services, but may also work in other parts of the administration. In 2016, we are focusing on young professionals from these groups:
- Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties)
- Public servants (non-political civil servants working at government agencies)
- Civil society workers (CSO/NGO volunteers/employees)
How to apply
1) Please read the instructions, available on the SI website.
2) Complete your application, with the following enclosures:
- Letter of Motivation (SI template mandatory)
- Curriculum Vitae (Europass template mandatory)
- Letter of Reference (SI template recommended)
3) Submit your application, using the SI online application portal. The portal will be open for applications between 4 - 31 January 2016.