OSCE condemns attack on journalist by police and calls on the authorities to ensure his safety
28.01.2016 |Society| EuroBelarus Information Service,
In the statement on January 27 the OSCE's representative on freedom of the media, Dunja Mijatović, condemned an attack against a journalist that was carried out earlier this week by police in Belarus.
Dunja Mijatović, calls on the authorities in Minsk to ensure Paval Dabravolski's safety.
As “EuroBelarus” Information Service earlier informed, Pavel Dabravolski, a reporter for the tut.by portal, was detained and beaten in court of the Frunzienski district.
Dabravolski's face was bruised in the attack. He was then detained and fined by the same court on charges of hooliganism and disobeying the police. Dabravolski says the police also erased data from his mobile phone.
Mijatović called the situation "unacceptable," and said police "should facilitate the work of journalists, not obstruct their activities and intimidate them."